Vice President of Finance, Accounting, and Business Operations
Date Posted: 07-20-2021
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Experience: 10-15 years
Education: Bachelor Degree, Masters preferred
Clearance: None required
Travel: CONUS 5-10%
Location: Northern VA or Washington, DC
Telework is authorized for this position.
Job Description and Requirements:
The VP of Finance, Accounting, and Business Operations will report to the CEO and work closely with senior leadership to build a world-class finance, contract management, project controls, and accounting operation. The VP will collaborate with the executive team to grow the business in line with the strategic vision and be responsible for creating a finance and accounting infrastructure that can scale as the company grows. This seasoned professional understands current accounting practices and the Government Contracting environment. As a senior management team member, they will be comfortable in a leadership role that demands clear communication (e.g., presentation skills), ownership, and team building.
Compensation: $160,000 to $180,000 yearly
Objectives of this Role:
- Responsible for planning, implementing, and overseeing all finance activities, including business planning, budgeting, contract management, project controls, and negotiations.
- Provide strategic recommendations to the CEO, Board of Directors (BOD), and members of the executive management team.
- Coordinate and run Monthly and Quarterly Leadership Financial Meetings.
- Provide inputs to the annual and long-term strategic plans and develop the annual operating, capital, and program budgets, and reporting against the same.
- Responsible, either directly or by managing staff, for all receivables, accounts payable, profit rates, business policies, financial reporting, and supporting the company’s financial strategy and hiring needs.
- Ensure cash flow supports company operations.
- Lead the development and use of best practices, policies, and tools to ensure a well-controlled yet flexible organization.
- Develop the finance, accounting, contracts, and project controls team; build a strong organization with the proper communication, project management, and technical skills.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that uphold the integrity of processes and data.
- Responsible for ensuring company compliance to all government contract regulations and DCAA requirements, including submittal of provisional billing rates and incurred cost proposal submissions, and maintaining an approved accounting system.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Ensure that company financial statements are accurate, reliable, and are consistent with organizational goals.
- Convey transparency, integrity, and credibility to establish investor confidence.
- Develop and issue timely financial statements, including cash flow, forecasting, budgeting, and auditing.
- Provide management with financial analysis and reporting to ensure costs are controlled, and profits are maximized.
- Develop monthly BOD financials and present financials during quarterly Board meetings.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, invoicing/billing, customer collections, etc.
- Oversee the monthly close process, conduct variance analysis, and prepare the monthly financial management report.
- Manage the company's balance sheet assuring that all accounts are reconciled, analyzed, and accurately maintained.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Internal Revenue Service, State Attorney General, and other relevant regulations.
- Maintain financial records in support of the government contracting environment, and ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, as well as CAS, FAR, DCAA and other government regulations.
- Oversee the maintenance, review, and reporting of indirect cost pools.
- Coordinate and assist with the interim and year-end financial audit activities.
- Manage the contract staff and contract functions, including review and approval of contract documents and communications with government contracting organizations.
- Support the company’s business development and proposal submittals with price-to-win analysis and proposal pricing and develop NDAs and teaming agreements.
- Supervise senior staff members for the accounting, contracts, and project controls departments, including hiring, delegating work assignments, evaluating performance, setting objectives, and growing and developing the professional capabilities of the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Master’s degree preferred, and a CPA a plus
- Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Understanding of advanced accounting, industry regulatory issues, and tax planning
- Experienced in mergers, acquisitions within the Government Contracting environment
- Contract management experience, including NDAs, Teaming Agreements, subcontracts and prime contract negotiations and execution, GSA schedules, and FFP, T&M, and cost-plus contract types
- Experience with Office Automation (ie. MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Teams, MS SharePoint), including advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience with project management and cost accounting systems, such as Unanet or Deltek
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for the employee is paid in full by RMC and dependent health care is subsidized by RMC.
- This position participates in the Annual Bonus Program.
Compliance with a drug-free work environment, U. S. Citizen, possess valid State driver’s license.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
« Return to Job Listing