Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Experience: 2-4 years
Education: Bachelor Degree
Degree Field: Political Science, Security Studies, Technical
A combination of training, certifications, and relevant work experience may be considered to meet the education requirement.
Applicant is subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for clearance level required for the job.
Location: Northern VA
Job Description and Requirements:
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE
The Technical Writer is responsible for participating as a technical writer/editor. This position is responsible for writing, editing, revising, proofreading and assembling reports, briefings, and information papers. Responsibilities include producing high-quality and user-friendly product documentation, ensuring the organization of documentation meets the needs of the clients, and focusing on continuous improvement. This position requires a highly motivated, professional who is courteous, flexible, proactive, organized, and an energetic self-starter. The Technical Writer must have a professional manner and be comfortable and skilled at interacting with a variety of people, including high-level government officials. Skills required as a Technical Writer are effective communication, excellent writing and problem-solving skills, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and able to manage high-level multitasking challenges. This position requires a clearly demonstrated interest in public policy, defense, and security studies. The Technical Writer will support other teams within the company as needed and support the development, writing, and editing of proposals, brochures, and other company related materials.
- Provide technical writing and editing of reports, briefings, information papers, and other company documents and materials.
- Research, write, edit and proofread technical data for use in documents.
- Leverage technology to continuously test and automate processes in support of client deliverables.
- Support subject matter experts research in program areas, such as mission assurance, energy security, water vulnerability, information technology, and protection-related programs.
- Create and edit graphic images for use in documentation.
- Edit, proofread, and fact-check various documents.
- Assists in establishing guidelines for proper document formatting and helping to ensure guidelines are followed through writing guides.
- Participate in conferences, working groups, meetings, and other events, as needed.
- Ensure technical documentation is accurate, complete, meets editorial and government specifications and adheres to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style.
- May provide guidance for writing standards to team members.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Fluent in English with excellent technical writing and editing skills.
- Experience editing, proofreading and assembling reports, and briefings.
- Experience using structured documentation techniques or other industry-wide documentation techniques.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills required.
- Proven ability to write about complex issues in a well-organized manner and synthesize large amounts of information.
- Superb research, analytical, writing, and editing skills.
- Customer service oriented and experienced in providing support to client personnel.
- Fluent or advanced working knowledge in all Microsoft Office products, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Highly proactive and flexible, with an ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time to meet multiple deadlines.
- Knowledge of SharePoint 2010 or later a plus.
Candidates who meet these requirements may be requested to submit a writing sample of an original brief or technical article.
Compliance with a drug-free work environment, U. S. Citizen, possess valid State driver’s license.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
« Return to Job Listing