Senior IT Communications Specialist
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Experience: 10-15 years
Education: Bachelor Degree
Degree Field: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Security, Information Technology, Technical
A combination of training, certifications, and relevant work experience may be considered to meet the education requirement.
Applicant is subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for clearance level required for the job.
An Active DoD Secret clearance is required for this position.
Travel: CONUS & OCONUS 30%
Candidate must possess a current passport with 8 months remaining until the expiration date.
Location: Northern VA
Telecommuting is approved for this position upon Supervisor approval.
Job Description and Requirements:
SENIOR IT COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
Risk Mitigation Consulting, Inc. (RMC), a DoD mission assurance and risk mitigation Government contractor, is seeking a Senior IT Communications Specialist in Norfolk, VA, Northern VA or San Diego, CA.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for the employee is paid in full by RMC and dependent health care is subsidized by RMC.
- This position participates in the Annual Bonus Program.
The Senior IT Communications Specialist assesses and proposes recommendations for commercial and military communications infrastructures and technology capabilities to promote resiliency, identify vulnerabilities, and determine strategic and financial impacts. This position leads or directly supports complex short and long-term high priority/special projects involving multiple technical and functional disciplines and technologies.
The primary responsibilities of this position include project management duties, managing and leading multi-discipline professional experts such as cybersecurity, telecommunications, information and operational technology specialists, engineers (mechanical, electrical, civil), GIS analysts, technical editors, and mission analysts in a cohesive project-based organizational element. Must be a team player with the expertise to conduct site surveys, perform user needs analyses, and oversee comprehensive reports of observations and recommendations. The Senior IT Communications Specialist must be able to verbally communicate and articulate to customers and team members, as well as prepare professionally written products when required.
This position is primarily a telework position with extensive travel and off-site meetings.
- Serve as Project Manager / Team Lead for a Utility and Mission Analysis assessment team which conducts supporting infrastructure assessments at Naval Installations worldwide
- Serve as supervisor; mentor and develop junior telecommunications staff members and provide periods of instruction concerning communications related topics as required
- Assess the mission impact from the loss of critical assets and supporting infrastructure
- Provide input, research, and support to Mission Analysis
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, disciplining, training employees, and developing personal growth opportunities
- Write and edit reports on a variety of technical subjects
- Provide technical input to proposals, articles, brochures, reports and manuals
- Conduct detailed assessments, risk analysis, and interpret information to form conclusions and make recommendations for system/infrastructure risk reduction actions
- Respond to DoD and Service-wide tasks and identify critical functions and assets of military installations
- Conduct interviews with equipment owners and managers, document observations and findings, and ensure their understanding of associated risks and actions needed to remediate those risks
- Provide consultation to senior and executive leadership and prepare briefings papers and presentations for internal and external use
- Familiarity with military organizations and protocol highly desirable
- Must have excellent report writing skills, time management, organizational skills and communication ability, both written and verbal, allowing professional interaction with people at all levels, both technical and non-technical
- Possess strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work confidently in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work both independently and in a team environment in support of multiple simultaneous projects
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of concepts, best practices and controls in a breadth of information security areas/domains; such as governance and risk management, access control, cryptography, physical security, security architecture and design, business continuity/disaster recovery planning, network security, application and operations security and compliance/incident management
- Technical assessment background with practical knowledge of a wide variety of technologies, including telecommunications infrastructure, transport technologies, data network infrastructure, and RF communications
- Knowledge of Office 365 a plus
- Technical Controller (USN, USMC, USAF, USA)
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD)
- Certified Cisco Network Professional (CCNP)
- Experience/Familiarity with Spectrum Management and RF Communications
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- In-depth knowledge and experience in Naval Operations or other Branch of Service
Compliance with a drug-free work environment, U. S. Citizen, possess valid State driver’s license.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
« Return to Job Listing