Senior IT Communications Specialist
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Experience: 8-10 years
Education: Bachelor Degree
Degree Field: Computer Science, Information Security, Information Technology, Technical
A combination of training, certifications, and relevant work experience may be considered to meet the education requirement.
Applicant is subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for clearance level required for the job.
An Active DoD Secret clearance is required for this position.
Travel: CONUS & OCONUS 25%
Candidate must possess a current passport with 8 months remaining until the expiration date.
Location: Northern VA
Telecommuting is approved for this position upon Supervisor approval.
Job Description and Requirements:
Risk Mitigation Consulting, Inc., a DoD mission assurance and risk mitigation Government contractor, is seeking a Senior IT Communications Specialist in the Northern VA area.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for the employee is paid in full by RMC and dependent health care is subsidized by RMC.
- This position participates in the Annual Bonus Program.
The Senior IT Communications Specialist assesses commercial and military infrastructure and technology capabilities to promote resiliency and identify gaps, strategic impacts, and financial impacts. Leads and supports complex short and long-term high priority/special projects involving multiple technical and functional disciplines and technologies where standards do not exist. This includes project management duties and managing professional experts such as cybersecurity, telecommunications, information and operational technology, engineers (mechanical, electrical, civil), GIS analysts, technical editors, and mission analysts. Must be a team player with the expertise to conduct site surveys, perform user needs analyses, and oversee comprehensive reports of observations and recommendations.
The Senior IT Communications Specialist will perform mission analysis for DoD customers to include installation staff and tenant commands. This position is a Subject Matter Expert for mission dependency topics and support to military customer headquarters. Assists in the conduct of reviews of military headquarters plans, policies, and directives, ensuring compliance with DoD policies and directives. Support may consist of developing white papers, position papers, briefs and managing schedules.
- Conduct detailed assessments at assigned military installations worldwide and identify critical communications missions and assets
- Assess the mission impact caused by the loss of critical assets and/or supporting infrastructure; provide mitigation strategies
- Conduct professional interviews with system owners, managers, and supporting organizations and document observations and findings
- Provide technical input to proposals, articles, brochures, reports and manuals
- Respond to DoD and Service-wide tasks and requests as required by supervisor
- Provide consultation to senior and executive leadership and prepare briefings papers and presentations for internal and external use
- Provide input, research, and support to Mission Analysis; provide recommendations as required to Mission Assurance benchmarks and related policies
- Mentor and develop junior telecommunications staff members and provide periods of instruction concerning communications related topics
- Familiarity with military organizations and protocol is highly desirable
- Must have excellent report writing skills, organizational skills, and time management practices
- Flexibility to work independently in support of multiple projects
- Technical assessment background with practical knowledge of a wide variety of technologies, including telecommunications infrastructure, transport technologies, network infrastructure and devices, voice switching platforms including VoIP, encryption devices and intrusion detection/prevention systems
- Ability to work in a team environment and take initiative to help ensure team tasks are successfully completed within required timelines; act as team and project lead as required
- Strong ability to interact and communicate, both written word and verbally, with people at all levels (technical and non-technical)
- Possess strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Office 365 a plus
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD)
- Certified Cisco Network Professional (CCNP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- In-depth knowledge and experience in Naval Operations or other Branch of Service
- In-Depth familiarity with industry standards and federal policies
- Navy operations experience/background
- DoD 8570 IAM level 3 certification
Compliance with a drug-free work environment, U. S. Citizen, possess valid State driver’s license.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
« Return to Job Listing