Senior IT Communications Specialist
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Experience: 10-15 years
Education: Bachelor Degree
Degree Field: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Security, Information Technology, Technical
A combination of training, certifications, and relevant work experience may be considered to meet the education requirement.
Applicant is subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for clearance level required for the job.
An Active DoD Secret clearance is required for this position.
Travel: CONUS & OCONUS 30%
Candidate must possess a current passport with 8 months remaining until the expiration date.
Location: Northern VA
Telecommuting is approved for this position upon Supervisor approval.
Job Description and Requirements:
Risk Mitigation Consulting, Inc. (RMC), a DoD mission assurance and risk mitigation Government contractor, is seeking a Senior IT Communications Specialist in the Northern VA area.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for the employee is paid in full by RMC and dependent health care is subsidized by RMC.
- This position participates in the Annual Bonus Program.
The Senior IT Communications Specialist assesses Department of Defense and commercial IT infrastructures and capabilities to identify vulnerabilities, assess strategic and financial impacts due to infrastructure compromise, and promote resiliency through feasible and practical risk mitigation strategies. This subject matter expert leads and/or supports complex short and long-term high priority/special projects involving multiple technical and functional disciplines and technologies where standards do not exist. This position may include project management responsibilities and supervision of teams of experts comprised of cybersecurity, telecommunications, information and operational technology, engineering (mechanical, electrical, civil), GIS, and mission analytics. Must be a team player with the expertise to conduct site surveys, perform user needs analyses, and oversee the creation of comprehensive reports of observations and recommendations.
The Senior IT Communications Specialist will assist in the performance of mission analysis for customer’s whose capabilities fall within the scope of IT or telecommunications and support the Mission Assurance Assessment team with a comprehensive analysis of communications assets, capabilities, and requirements. This SME assists in the conduct of reviews of military headquarters plans, policies, and directives, ensuring compliance with law and directives. Support may consist of developing white papers, position papers, briefs, training plans and managing schedules.
- Serve as Project Manager / Team Lead for a Utility and Mission Analysis assessment team which conducts supporting infrastructure assessments at Naval Installations worldwide
- Assess the mission impact due to the loss of critical assets and supporting infrastructure
- Provide input, research, and support to Mission Analysis
- Conduct professional interviews with asset owners, managers, and supporting organizations and document observations and findings and ensure their understanding of associated risks and remediation strategies
- Provide technical input to proposals, articles, brochures, reports and manuals
- Conduct detailed assessments, risk analysis, and interpret information to form conclusions and make recommendations of IT infrastructure at assigned military installations located worldwide
- Respond to DoD and Service-wide tasks and identify critical functions and assets of military installations
- Review and provide update recommendations to installation iNFADS records
- Provide consultation to senior and executive leadership and prepare briefings papers and presentations for internal and external use
- Serve as supervisor; mentor and develop junior telecommunications staff members and provide periods of instruction concerning communications related topics as required
- Familiarity with military organizations and protocol highly desirable
- Must have excellent report writing skills, time management, organizational skills and communication ability, both written and verbal, allowing professional interaction with people at all levels, both technical and non-technical
- Possess strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work confidently in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work both independently and in a team environment in support of multiple simultaneous projects
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of concepts, best practices and controls in a breadth of information security areas/domains; such as governance and risk management, access control, cryptography, physical security, security architecture and design, business continuity/disaster recovery planning, network security, application and operations security and compliance/incident management
- Technical assessment background with practical knowledge of a wide variety of technologies, including telecommunications infrastructure, transport technologies, data network infrastructure, and RF communications
- Knowledge of Office 365 a plus
- Technical Controller (USN, USMC, USAF, USA)
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD)
- Certified Cisco Network Professional (CCNP)
- Experience/Familiarity with Spectrum Management and RF Communications
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- In-depth knowledge and experience in Naval Operations or other Branch of Service
Desired Certifications: In-Depth familiarity with industry standards and federal policies; Navy operations experience/background, CISSP certification desired (or other DoD 8140 IAM level 3 certification)
Compliance with a drug-free work environment, U. S. Citizen, possess valid State driver’s license.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
« Return to Job Listing