Senior Communications Network Analyst
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Experience: 10-15 years
Education: Bachelor Degree
Degree Field: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Security, Information Technology, Technical
A combination of training, certifications, and relevant work experience may be considered to meet the education requirement.
Applicant is subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for clearance level required for the job.
An Active DoD Secret clearance is required for this position.
Travel: CONUS & OCONUS 30%
Candidate must possess a current passport with 8 months remaining until the expiration date.
Location: Northern VA
Telecommuting is approved for this position upon Supervisor approval.
Job Description and Requirements:
Risk Mitigation Consulting, Inc. (RMC), a DoD government contractor, is seeking 2 Senior Communications Network Analysts in the Northern VA area and/or Norfolk, VA.
Senior Communications Network Analyst Responsibilities:
The Senior Communication Network Analyst performs mission analysis for customers and supports the Mission Assurance Assessment from the communications perspective. This position is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for mission communications dependency topics and support to military customer headquarters. This SME assists in the conduct of reviews of military headquarters plans, policies, and directives ensuring compliance with DoD instructions and directives. Support may consist of developing white papers, position papers, briefs and managing schedules.
The Senior Communication Network Analyst assesses and proposes recommendations for commercial and military communications infrastructures and technology capabilities to promote resiliency, identify vulnerabilities, and determine strategic and financial impacts. This position leads or directly supports complex short and long-term high priority/special projects involving multiple technical and functional disciplines and technologies.
The primary responsibilities of this position include project management duties, managing and leading multi-discipline professional experts such as cybersecurity, telecommunications, information and operational technology specialists, engineers (mechanical, electrical, civil), GIS analysts, technical editors, and mission analysts in a cohesive project-based organizational element. Must be a team player with the expertise to conduct site surveys, perform user needs analyses, and oversee comprehensive reports of observations and recommendations. The Senior IT Communications Specialist must be able to verbally communicate and articulate to customers and team members, as well as prepare professionally written products when required.
Senior Communications Network Analyst Duties:
- Assess the mission impact from the loss of critical assets and supporting infrastructure
- Provide input, research, and support to Mission Analysis
- Provide technical input to proposals, articles, brochures, reports and manuals
- Conduct detailed assessments, risk analysis, and interpret information to form conclusions and make recommendations for system/infrastructure risk reduction actions
- Respond to DoD and Service-wide tasks and identify critical functions and assets of military installations
- Conduct interviews with equipment owners and managers, document observations and findings, and ensure their understanding of associated risks and actions needed to remediate those risks
- Provide consultation to senior and executive leadership and prepare briefings papers and presentations for internal and external use
- Ensure team members adhere to all RMC policies and consistently perform to the standards set in their job description respectively
- Conduct employee performance reviews, coaching, mentoring, corrective actions as required, and perform other supervisory functions as assigned
- Approve time sheets, travel, and training requests
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, disciplining, training employees, and developing personal growth opportunities
- Write and edit reports on a variety of technical subjects
Senior Communications Network Analyst Skills/Qualifications:
- Familiarity with military organizations and protocol highly desirable
- Must have excellent report writing skills, time management, organizational skills and communication ability, both written and verbal, allowing professional interaction with people at all levels, both technical and non-technical
- Possess strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work confidently in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work both independently and in a team environment in support of multiple simultaneous projects
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of concepts, best practices and controls in a breadth of information security areas/domains; such as governance and risk management, access control, cryptography, physical security, security architecture and design, business continuity/disaster recovery planning, network security, application and operations security and compliance/incident management
- Technical assessment background with practical knowledge of a wide variety of technologies, including telecommunications infrastructure, transport technologies, data network infrastructure, and RF communications
- Knowledge of Office 365 a plus
Senior Communications Network Analyst Desired Skills/Qualifications:
- Technical Controller (USN, USMC, USA, USAF)
- In depth knowledge of and experience within Naval Operations
- One of the following:
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) or 10+ years experience in Telecommunications and design; or
- Certified Cisco Network Professional (CCNP) or 10+ years experience in Data Networking and design; or
- 10+ years experience in RF Communications and Spectrum Management
- Familiarity with industry standards and pertinent federal policy Navy operations background
- CISSP certification desired (or other DoD 8140 IAM level 3 certification)
Senior Communications Network Analyst Benefits:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for the employee is paid in full by RMC, and dependent health care is subsidized by RMC.
- This position participates in the Annual Bonus Program.
Compliance with a drug-free work environment, U. S. Citizen, possess valid State driver’s license.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
« Return to Job Listing