Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Experience: 8-10 years
Education: Bachelor Degree
Degree Field: Business, Operations, Political Science, Security, Security Studies, Technical
A combination of training, certifications, and relevant work experience may be considered to meet the education requirement.
Applicant is subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for clearance level required for the job.
An Active DoD Secret clearance is required for this position.
Travel: CONUS & OCONUS 30%
Candidate must possess a current passport with 8 months remaining until the expiration date.
Location: San Diego CA
Upon supervisor approval, telecommuting is approved.
Job Description and Requirements:
Risk Mitigation Consulting, Inc. (RMC), a DoD mission assurance and risk mitigation Government contractor, is seeking a Security Specialist in San Diego, CA.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for the employee is paid in full by RMC and dependent health care is subsidized by RMC.
- This position participates in the Annual Bonus Program
The Security Specialist will assess Critical Asset security conditions and support Security programs and measures during Mission Assurance Assessments. The Security Specialist will also support mission analyst functions, conduct risk assessments, and requirements validations. Additionally, this person will have the ability to provide technical writing and review of Mission Assurance/Critical Infrastructure Protection reports and information papers in a timely manner in order to support report publication timelines. Ability to assist in the coordination and research for Installation Protection policies, directives, and initiatives. The Security Specialist will communicate effectively, be an excellent writer, and be able to manage high-level multitasking challenges. Candidates should clearly demonstrate interest in public policy, defense, and security studies.
- Participate in assessment planning
- Draft assessment criteria
- Provide input, research, and support to Mission Assurance Assessments
- Conduct data collection
- Conduct visit coordination
- Participate in site assessments
- Draft briefs for internal and external use
- Develop schedules, reports, plan of action and milestones
- Conduct report reviews
- Respond to DoD and Service-wide tasks
- Proven ability to write about complex issues in an accessible manner, and synthesize large amounts of information
- Fluent or advanced working knowledge in all Microsoft Office products, to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Physical Security training certification from DoD recognized formal training organization
- Electronic Security System design and application training certification from DoD recognized formal training organization (e.g. USACE ESS Design, DSS CDSE Application of Physical Security Concepts, DSS CDSE ODNI ICD 705 Physical Security, etc.)
- Ability to provide technical writing and review of Mission Assurance/Critical Infrastructure Protection reports and information papers.
- Law enforcement training certification from DoD and Navy recognized formal training organization (e.g. USAMPS, FLETC, etc.)
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a U.S. Passport
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Knowledge of SharePoint 2010 or later a plus
- Ability to work within small groups and brief findings
- Excellent command of English written and spoken language
- Knowledge of standard observation, measuring, and analysis techniques, and the ability to consolidate the findings of others, evaluate recommendations and facts.
PRIMARY KNOWLEDGE AREAS:
Security experience and understanding of:
- DoD and USN CONUS and OCONUS Law Enforcement, Security Forces, and Physical Security operations
- DoD, USN, and USMC Physical Security policy, plans, and program requirements
- DoD United Facilities Criteria
- Installation and site security force operations and functions
- Electronic Security Systems
- Waterside and waterborne security operations
- Memorandums of Understanding and Agreement, Implementing Agreements, and Inter-Service Support Agreements
- Military Construction and Facilities Sustainment, Restoration, and Modernization processes
SECONDARY KNOWLEDGE AREAS:
Airfield and Port experience and understanding of:
- DoD, USN, USMC, CONUS and OCONUS port and airfield operations
- Facilities and site port and airfield operations plans, policies, and procedures
- Port and airfield management functions
- Restricted water areas and Code of Federal Regulations
- Working knowledge of infrastructure and support requirements:
- Emergency Medical Services coordination and fire suppression capabilities
- Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear Explosives program requirements
- Physical Security program requirements (waterside and waterborne)
Compliance with a drug-free work environment, U. S. Citizen, possess valid State driver’s license.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
« Return to Job Listing