Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Experience: 5-7 years
Education: Bachelor Degree
Degree Field: Business, Operations, Political Science, Security, Security Studies, Technical
A combination of training, certifications, and relevant work experience may be considered to meet the education requirement.
Applicant is subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for clearance level required for the job.
An Active DoD Secret clearance is required for this position.
Travel: CONUS & OCONUS 25%
Candidate must possess a current passport with 8 months remaining until the expiration date.
Location: Northern VA, San Diego, CA or Norfolk, VA
Telecommuting is approved upon Supervisor approval.
Job Description and Requirements:
Risk Mitigation Consulting, Inc. (RMC), a DoD mission assurance and risk mitigation Government contractor, is seeking a Mission Analyst in Northern VA, Norfolk, VA, or San Diego, CA.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for the employee is paid in full by RMC and dependent health care is subsidized by RMC.
- This position participates in the Annual Bonus Program.
Develop out-briefs, reports, and produce work to meet contract schedules. This position is a subject matter expert for mission dependency topics and support to military customer Headquarters. The Mission Analyst assists in the conduct of reviews of military headquarters plans, policies, and directives, ensuring compliance with DoD policies and directives. Support may consist of developing white papers, position papers, and briefs.
The Mission Analyst will additionally support the military customer as a member of the Navy Mission Assurance Assessment Team as a subject matter expert in the areas of installation Antiterrorism, Risk Management, and Operations Security (OPSEC) assisting in the development of out-briefs and final reports, peer reviews and comment adjudication. In addition to AT and RM criteria, the position includes the ability to conduct the Security/Law Enforcement, and Emergency Management (including chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and high yield explosives [CBRNE], and Continuity of Operations [COOP]) assessments for Navy assessments on an as needed basis. This position assists in reviews of DoD headquarters plans, policies, and directives, ensuring installation compliance with DoD policies and directives for antiterrorism, risk management, and mission assurance.
- Provide input, research, and support to Mission Analysis
- Maintain data in MCCAMS
- Draft briefs for internal and external use
- Develop schedules, reports, plan of action and milestones
- Respond to DoD and Service-wide tasks
- Identify critical functions and assets of military installations
- Review and provide update recommendations to Installation iNFADS provides a real property inventory spreadsheet of existing installation assets including facility number, category code, building area, and host organization. This database serves as the foundation for the development of the MDI.
- Review requirement analysis, document development, and plan review.
- Assist in the coordination of staffing and research for DOD policies, directives, and initiatives.
- Assist in developing and editing MAA report process.
- Identify deficiencies at installations through the MAA process ensuring the protection of personnel and organizational assets.
- Edit, proofread, and fact-check various documents.
- Draft briefs for internal and external use on various AT/RM, EM, and security and protection related topics
- Participate in conferences, working groups, meetings, and other events, as needed or requested.
- Develops, proposes, and coordinates draft assessment criteria for installation, OPNAV, and HHQ Program Review benchmarks.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have excellent written skills, strong communication abilities, attention to detail, and strong problem solving, and organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time to meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Proven ability to write about complex issues in a well-organized manner, and synthesize large amounts of information
- Superb research, analytical, writing, and editing skills
- Ability to document issues for management, and perform financial analysis, data collection, report development, brief preparation, milestone schedule development, and sending and receiving emails
- Highly proactive and flexible, with an ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with military organizations and protocol is desirable
- Navy operations background is desirable
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of concepts, best practices and controls in a breadth of mission assurance areas/domains; such as governance and risk management, access control, physical security, business continuity/disaster recovery planning, network security, application and operations security.
- Knowledge of SharePoint 2010 or later a plus
Compliance with a drug-free work environment, U. S. Citizen, possess valid State driver’s license.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
« Return to Job Listing