Mid-Level to Senior Mechanical Engineer
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Experience: 5-7 years
Education: Bachelor Degree
Degree Field: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Applicant is subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for clearance level required for the job.
An Active DoD Secret clearance is required for this position.
Travel: CONUS & OCONUS 25%
Candidate must possess a current passport with 8 months remaining until the expiration date.
Location: Northern VA
Upon Supevisor approval, telecommuting is approved for this position.
Job Description and Requirements:
The Mechanical Engineer will support RMC’s military customers and will assess Department of Defense infrastructures and capabilities to identify vulnerabilities, assess strategic and financial impacts due to infrastructure compromise, and promote resiliency through feasible and practical risk mitigation strategies. The subject matter expert will use knowledge of general facilities and utilities engineering concepts, principles, and practices applicable to the evaluate a wide range of military facilities such as administrative buildings, tactical equipment shops, communications facilities, industrial plants, and hospitals as required. Focus of the work will be in analyzing and reporting how these systems can be made less vulnerable to disruption and more resilient. The work supports the enhancement of the overall security posture of our various customers and ensures their ability to command, control, respond, collaborate, and share information to successfully complete their missions. The Engineer will work closely with other engineers and technical specialists to develop formal presentations and reports for clients primarily within the US Navy and United States Marine Corp.
- Participate in assessment planning
- Conduct visit coordination
- Participate in site assessments
- Identifying concerns with facilities and utilities infrastructure
- Study and analyze technical drawings, specifications of engineering systems, and topographical maps to ensure compliance with standards and military mission requirements
- Collect and analyze data relating to systems infrastructure and building loads to identify potential system deficiencies and vulnerabilities to a full spectrum threats and hazards
- Determine operating efficiency of utility systems
- Conduct field surveys and study maps, graphs, diagrams, and other data to identify means of correcting utilities system problems and weaknesses
- Write reports regarding existing and potential engineering studies and projects
- Respond to DoD and Service-wide tasks
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited school.
- PE or Engineer in Training (EIT)
- Have a strong understanding of the technical aspects of engineering systems, which include HVAC, plant and process utilities, fire suppression, and utility infrastructure
- Familiarity with power controls, SCADA, transmission and distribution, energy monitoring and control systems, and alternative energy generation is necessary, with emphasis on reliability and resiliency.
- 5 years consulting engineering or related experience
- Ability to write technical reports to convey complex technical issues in a logical manner understandable to non-technical individuals
- Collaborative team player
- Ability to manage high-level multitasking challenges
- Ability to work within small groups and brief findings
- Excellent command of English written and spoken language
- Certified Energy Manager
- Project Management Professional
- Familiarity with industry standards and pertinent federal policy
- Military background or experience with military facilities design or construction
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for the employee is paid in full by RMC and dependent health care is subsidized by RMC.
- This position participates in the Annual Bonus Program.
Compliance with a drug-free work environment, U. S. Citizen, possess valid State driver’s license.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
« Return to Job Listing