IT Communications Specialist
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Experience: 5-7 years
Education: Associate Degree
Degree Field: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Security, Information Technology, Technical
A combination of training, certifications, and relevant work experience may be considered to meet the education requirement.
Applicant is subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for clearance level required for the job.
An Active DoD Secret clearance is required for this position.
Travel: CONUS & OCONUS 30%
Candidate must possess a current passport with 8 months remaining until the expiration date.
Location: Norfolk VA
Telecommuting is approved for this position upon Supervisor approval.
Job Description and Requirements:
Risk Mitigation Consulting, Inc. (RMC), a DoD mission assurance and risk mitigation Government contractor, is seeking a IT Communications Specialist in Norfolk, VA.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for the employee is paid in full by RMC and dependent health care is subsidized by RMC.
- This position participates in the Annual Bonus Program.
The IT Communications Specialist assesses Department of Defense and commercial IT infrastructures and capabilities to identify vulnerabilities, assess strategic and financial impacts due to infrastructure compromise, and promote resiliency through feasible and practical risk mitigation strategies. This subject matter expert supports complex short and long-term high priority/special projects involving multiple technical and functional disciplines and technologies. This IT professional is a team player who conducts site surveys, performs user needs analysis, assists in project specification reviews, and prepares reports of their observations. These activities support the enhancement of the overall security posture of our various customers and ensures their ability to command, control, respond, collaborate and share information to successfully complete their missions.
The IT Communications Specialist assists in the conduct of reviews of military headquarters plans, policies, and directives, ensuring compliance with law and directives. Support may consist of developing white papers, position papers, briefs, training plans and managing schedules.
- Conduct detailed assessments of telecommunications utility infrastructure by interviewing system owners, documenting equipment and assets, reviewing real property records, reviewing infrastructure and network diagrams and documents, and touring facilities.
- Assess the mission impact due to the loss of critical assets and supporting infrastructure
- Perform analysis and interpret information to form conclusions and make recommendations for system risk reduction actions.
- Write and edit reports on a variety of technical subjects.
- Provide recommendations to senior staff members, prepare briefings, papers, and presentations.
- Review and provide update recommendations to installation iNFADS records
- Provide consultation to senior and executive leadership and prepare briefings papers and presentations for internal and external use
- Serve as mentor; develop junior telecommunications staff members and provide periods of instruction concerning communications related topics as required
- DoD experience or familiarity with military organizations and protocol highly desirable
- Experience or familiarity with the Mission Assurance program highly desirable
- Must have excellent report writing skills, time management, organizational skills and communication ability, both written and verbal, allowing professional interaction with people at all levels, both technical and non-technical
- Ability to work confidently in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work both independently and in a team environment in support of multiple simultaneous projects
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of concepts, best practices and controls in a breadth of information security areas/domains; such as governance and risk management, access control, cryptography, physical security, security architecture and design, business continuity/disaster recovery planning, network security, application and operations security and compliance/incident management
- Possess strong problem-solving skills
- Familiarity in a wide array of technologies, including telecommunications infrastructure, transport technologies, data network infrastructure, and RF communications
- Knowledge of Office 365 a plus
- Technical Controller (USN, USMC, USAF, USA)
- BICSI Installer Lv 1/2
- Certified Cisco Network Associate (CCNA)
- Experience/Familiarity with Spectrum Management and RF Communications
- In-depth knowledge and experience in Naval Operations or other Branch of Service
Desired Certifications: Familiarity with industry standards and pertinent federal policy Navy operations background, Security+ certification (or other DoD 8140 IAT level 1 certification)
Compliance with a drug-free work environment, U. S. Citizen, possess valid State driver’s license.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
« Return to Job Listing