Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Experience: 8-10 years
Education: Bachelor Degree
Degree Field: Business, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Geographic Information Systems, Technical
A combination of training, certifications, and relevant work experience may be considered to meet the education requirement.
Applicant is subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for clearance level required for the job.
An Active DoD Secret clearance is required for this position.
Travel: CONUS & OCONUS 25%
Candidate must possess a current passport with 8 months remaining until the expiration date.
Location: Norfolk VA
Upon Supevisor approval, telecommuting is approved for this position.
Job Description and Requirements:
Risk Mitigation Consulting, Inc. (RMC), a DoD government contractor, is seeking an engineer in the Norfolk, VA or Northern Virginia area.
The engineer will be an energetic, self-motivated, pro-active, organized, innovative, and well-rounded individual that has a strong understanding of the technical aspects of engineering systems, including: HVAC, plant and process utilities, fire suppression, and utility infrastructure. The candidate will possess the skills required to successfully handle multiple simultaneous complex tasks, execute project tasks, have a strong work ethic and drive to deliver for customers, and be a collaborative team player. The engineer will use knowledge of general facilities and utilities engineering concepts, principles, and practices applicable to the evaluate a wide range of military facilities such as administrative buildings, tactical equipment shops, communications facilities, industrial plants, and hospital as required. Focus of the work will be in analyzing and reporting how these systems can be made less vulnerable to disruption and more resilient. The person will work closely with other engineers and technical specialists in telecommunications, cybersecurity, security, and planning to develop formal presentations and reports for clients primarily within the US Navy and United States Marine Corp.
- Perform installation site visits to walk down facilities and utility systems.
- Work with installation staff in coordinating assessment schedules and identifying concerns with facilities and utilities infrastructure.
- Study and analyze technical drawings, specifications of engineering systems, and topographical maps to ensure compliance with standards and military mission requirements.
- Collect and analyze data relating to systems infrastructure and building loads to identify potential system deficiencies and vulnerabilities to a full spectrum threats and hazards.
- Collect, compile, and analyze data and write reports regarding existing and potential engineering studies and projects.
- Determine operating efficiency of utility systems.
- Conduct field surveys and study maps, graphs, diagrams, and other data to identify means of correcting utilities system problems and weaknesses.
- Coordinate with GIS analyst to develop utility system overview maps
- Ability to produce results of analysis in writing to convey complex technical issues in a logical manner understandable to non-technical individuals.
- Respond to requests for technical support, as needed.
- BS in Civil or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited school.
- Engineer in Training (EIT)
- 5 years consulting engineering or related experience
- Ability to work within small groups and brief findings
- Ability to collaborate with team members in a remote environment
- Excellent command of English written and spoken language
- Ability to write technical reports and develop presentations with process diagrams and recommendations
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Secret clearance
- Certified Energy Manager
- Project Management Professional
- Familiarity with industry standards and pertinent federal policy
- GIS experience
- Military background or experience with military facilities design or construction
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for the employee is paid in full by RMC and dependent health care is subsidized by RMC.
- This position participates in the Annual Bonus Program.
Compliance with a drug-free work environment, U. S. Citizen, possess valid State driver’s license.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
« Return to Job Listing