Cybersecurity Vulnerability Assessor
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Experience: 5-7 years
Education: Bachelor Degree
Degree Field: Computer Science, Information Security, Information Technology, Security, Security Studies, Technical
Applicant is subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for clearance level required for the job.
An Active DoD Secret clearance is required for this position.
Travel: 30% CONUS & OCONUS
Candidate must possess a current passport with 8 months remaining until the expiration date.
Location: Northern VA and Norfolk, VA
RMC is seeking 5 Cybersecurity Vulnerability Assessors in the Northern Virginia area and Norfolk, VA.
Job Description and Requirements:
Risk Mitigation Consulting, Inc. (RMC), a DoD government contractor, is seeking 5 Cybersecurity Vulnerability Assessors in the Northern Virginia area and Norfolk, VA.
The Cybersecurity Vulnerability Assessor will:
- Perform IT/Operation Technology (OT) security vulnerability assessments at manufacturing and R&D facilities. The assessments are conducted on-site utilizing a variety of cybersecurity analysis tools to test the cybersecurity posture of the manufacturing facility, taking the approach of a malicious attacker into the manufacturing systems.
- Define best practices for production IT/OT security
- Develop written and oral technical reports and presentations
- Participate in on-site cybersecurity vulnerability assessments to evaluate the IT/OT security status at manufacturing facilities
- Drive standardization for IT-based production systems and processes
- Develop specifications and best practice guidelines for IT security-related topics
- Participate and promote production IT/OT security topics in internal and external committees, workgroups, professional associations, and societies
- Hands-on experience in vulnerability detection, analysis, and assessments
- Understand vulnerability management and hands-on experience with common security testing, practices, and methodologies
- Experience using vulnerability scanning tools and analyzing scans and reports
- Thorough knowledge of NIST 800-82 R2
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, network, and routing communication/protocols (ICS protocols a plus)
- Working knowledge of topics including backup and restore, system hardening, network segmentation, IAM, etc.
- Knowledge of various operating systems (Windows, Linux), Active Directory
- High level of integrity, customer focus, and motivation
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to acknowledge, communicate, escalate, and resolve problems
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification or higher
- GICSP, Security+, CEH, OSCP, CISSP, GPEN, ECSA or related certifications
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for the employee is paid in full by RMC, and dependent health care is subsidized by RMC.
- This position participates in the Annual Bonus Program.
Compliance with a drug-free work environment, U. S. Citizen, possess valid State driver’s license.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
« Return to Job Listing