Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Experience: 2-4 years
Education: Bachelor Degree
Degree Field: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Security, Information Technology, Technical
A combination of training, certifications, and relevant work experience may be considered to meet the education requirement.
Applicant is subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for clearance level required for the job.
An Active DoD Secret clearance is required for this position.
Travel: CONUS & OCONUS 20%
Candidate must possess a current passport with 8 months remaining until the expiration date.
Location: Northern VA
Telecommuting is approved upon Supervisor approval.
Job Description and Requirements:
Risk Mitigation Consulting, Inc. (RMC), a DoD mission assurance and risk mitigation Government contractor, is seeking a Cybersecurity Specialist in Northern VA.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for the employee is paid in full by RMC and dependent health care is subsidized by RMC.
- This position participates in the Annual Bonus Program.
The Cybersecurity Specialist provides direct cybersecurity support for our client towards attaining the USMC FRCS Program’s goals and objectives. This position requires experience working with operational technology (OT) systems and connected IT infrastructure through the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process. The Cybersecurity Specialist will be responsible for supporting the team’s work across USMC and DoD services and departments to successfully achieve and maintain ATOs, sit on working groups, and develop documentation related to their work. The Cybersecurity Specialist will leverage their knowledge of utility computer/control systems (i.e. Water, Wastewater, Electric, etc.) as found on military installations, and conduct analysis of IT, facility, and utility systems.
- Work in a cyber range, or equivalent, environment to support the attainment of Type and Site Authorizations for Facility-Related Control Systems (FRCS)
- Coordinate with DoD Component Services to determine applicability of ATO reciprocity
- Coordinate between cyber range and vendors to deploy and configure FRCS within the cyber range environment
- Execute tasks as assigned by Supervisor and/or team leads to include generation of documentation in support of RMC and client organizations
- Participate in conferences, working groups, meetings, training, and other events as needed
- Assist in organizing events, meetings, conferences, and travel as needed
- Perform various administrative duties as directed
- Adhere to company policies and consistently perform to set standards
- Experience with control system maintenance and operations
- Familiarity with the Risk Management Framework (NIST SP 800-53 and 800-82)
- Knowledge of DoD and USMC organizational structure
- Experience in Network Engineering/Design
- Experience with Vulnerability and Risk Assessments
- Experience with Microsoft Office (365) suite of products
Required Certification: DoD 8140 IAM Level 1 (Sec+)
Desired Certifications: CEH, CISSP, CISM, GICSP, CASP
Compliance with a drug-free work environment, U. S. Citizen, possess valid State driver’s license.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
« Return to Job Listing