Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Experience: 8-10 years
Education: Bachelor Degree
Degree Field: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Security, Information Technology, Technical
A combination of training, certifications, and relevant work experience may be considered to meet the education requirement.
Applicant is subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for clearance level required for the job.
An Active DoD Secret clearance is required for this position.
Travel: CONUS & OCONUS 15%
Candidate must possess a current passport with 8 months remaining until the expiration date.
Location: Northern VA
Telecommuting is approved upon Supervisor approval.
Job Description and Requirements:
Risk Mitigation Consulting, Inc. (RMC), a DoD mission assurance and risk mitigation Government contractor, is seeking a Cybersecurity Analyst in Northern VA.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for the employee is paid in full by RMC and dependent health care is subsidized by RMC.
- This position participates in the Annual Bonus Program.
The Cybersecurity Analyst is responsible for supporting 1650, in executing assigned tasks and supporting the overall Navy 1650 Assessment Program. In this capacity, also perform as a Control System Cybersecurity Analyst in conducting all 1650 Navy Assessments, contributing to and ensuring delivery of all Navy installation 1650 Assessment deliverables per Navy 1650 Assessment required timelines. Responsibilities include working from the Pentagon an average of one-day per week, directly supporting US Navy. Duties include supporting the generation of various subject matter presentations, supporting the scheduling and agenda development of Navy Conferences/Summits; direct coordination with in supporting data calls or requests for information: contribute to Navy 1650 related policy development; support Navy 1650-related research to include the conduct of trend analysis and supporting the identification of corrective actions/mitigations to cybersecurity vulnerabilities with potential impact to critical missions, etc. Specified deliverables which fall under your assigned position and the Navy 1650 Assessment, ICS Cybersecurity Support Task, and which align to Risk Mitigation Consulting, Inc.’s execution of the Navy 1650 Assessment program include subject matter contributions to the following:
- On-Site out briefs
- Executive Summary
- Final Reports
- Annual Program Guide updates
- Annual Benchmark Review updates and formal Annual Benchmark Review Report
- Assist the Cyber/Technology Director and Cyber Ops Manager with the identification and capture of new business within RMC
- Help to organize events, meetings, conferences, and travel as needed
- Draft briefs for internal and external use on various cybersecurity related topics
- Conduct Network security assessments
- Conduct Host based Security assessments
- Conduct web application security assessments
- Produce results of analysis in writing to convey complex technical issues in a logical manner, understandable to non-technical individuals
- Review and advise on policies, orders and directives as needed to improve overall cybersecurity best practices of client organizations and RMC
- Participate in conferences, working groups, meetings, and other events, as needed
- Adhere to all RMC company policies and consistently perform to the standards set in respective job description.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in information security or directly related field
- Desired certification: CISSP
- Ability to deliver creative and innovative business and technology solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and group dynamics skills
- Strong familiarity with information security, risk management, and IT governance standards and frameworks (e.g., NIST 800-53, ISO 27000, ISO 31000, etc.)
- Strong familiarity with operational technology security, risk management, and OT governance standards and frameworks (e.g., NIST 800-82, ISO 62243 etc.)
- SCADA experience
- Experience with creating assessment methodologies
- Experience in formal risk assessment and risk management practices
- Experience with vulnerability analysis processes and best practices
- Background in cybersecurity, control systems and DoD
- Extensive experience in risk management, issue identification and resolution/problem-solving
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot/pivot under potentially challenging circumstances as needed; solution-oriented
Compliance with a drug-free work environment, U. S. Citizen, possess valid State driver’s license.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
« Return to Job Listing