Senior Cybersecurity Analyst
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Experience: 5-7 years
Education: Bachelor Degree
Degree Field: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Security, Information Technology, Technical
Applicant is subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for clearance level required for the job.
An Active DoD Secret clearance is required for this position.
Travel: CONUS & OCONUS 25%
Candidate must possess a current passport with 8 months remaining until the expiration date.
Location: Norfolk VA
Telecommuting is approved upon Supervisor approval.
Job Description and Requirements:
Risk Mitigation Consulting, Inc. (RMC), a DoD mission assurance and risk mitigation Government contractor, is seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Analyst in Norfolk, VA.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for the employee is paid in full by RMC and dependent health care is subsidized by RMC.
- This position participates in the Annual Bonus Program.
- Telecommuting is authorized for this position.
- Position requires the ability to travel approximately 25% of the time.
The Senior Cybersecurity Analyst will assist in overseeing Cybersecurity Assessment projects. This position will support RMC by providing cybersecurity support for Information Technology and Operational Technology clients. Responsibilities include providing, collecting, and analyzing cybersecurity data, writing client deliverables and reports, and documenting and correcting potential facility-related control system cybersecurity vulnerabilities with potential impact on critical missions. The Senior Cybersecurity Analyst will actively learn the risk-based assessment processes of assessment teams to provide courses of action to implement countermeasures improving systems security posture. Innovation, creativity, continuous training, and staying informed on threats and mitigations in technology is a key aspect of the position.
- Study and analyze the cybersecurity posture of Industrial Control System (ICS) to ensure compliance with DoD and applicable NIST and UFC cybersecurity standards and mission requirements including possible mission impact of failed or compromised control systems by ensuring team members can:
- Collect and analyze cybersecurity and network data relating to control systems to identify potential system deficiencies and vulnerabilities to the full spectrum threats and hazards
- Determining key components of utility control systems
- Conduct White/Blue/Green/Red team assessments or support
- Validate Cybersecurity controls on computer systems and networks
- Provide support to teams from cybersecurity perspective, as needed
- Review and advise on policies, orders and directives as needed to improve overall cybersecurity best practices of client organization and RMC
- Assist RMC with identifying potential new business opportunities from government, commercial, and ICS vendors
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to identify best practices in support of the clients’ continuous monitoring strategy and risk management framework.
- Conduct field surveys and study maps, graphs, diagrams, cybersecurity vulnerability scan data, computer network traffic flows, computer network perimeter defenses and other data to identify means of mitigating control system cybersecurity concerns and weaknesses
- Collect and analyze cybersecurity and network data relating to control systems to identify potential system deficiencies and vulnerabilities to all threats and hazards
- Produce results of analysis in writing to convey complex technical issues in a logical manner understandable to non-technical individual
- Participate in conferences, working groups, meetings, training and other events, as needed
- Adhere to all RMC company policies and consistently perform to the standards set in respective job description.
- Must have excellent writing skills, strong communication abilities, good time management, computer, internet, and organizational skills
- Work confidently in a fast-paced environment with the ability to independently support multiple projects
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of concepts, best practices and controls in a breadth of information security areas/domains; such as governance and risk management, access control, cryptography, physical security, security architecture and design, business continuity/disaster recovery planning, network security, application and operations security and compliance/incident management
- Technical and IT audit background with practical knowledge of a wide variety of technologies, including control systems, infrastructure and operating systems, network and web infrastructures, database architecture and intrusion detection/prevention systems
- Experience planning, designing, installing, monitoring, maintaining, and supporting networks, primarily in a Depart of Defense (DoD) environment
- Ability to work in a team environment and take initiative to help ensure team tasks are successfully completed within required timelines
- Strong ability to interact and communicate both written and verbally with people at all levels, both technical and non-technical
- Familiarity with SharePoint to increase the efficiency of collaboration on documents and presentations
- Possess strong problem-solving skills.
Compliance with a drug-free work environment, U. S. Citizen, possess valid State driver’s license.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
« Return to Job Listing