Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Experience: 5-7 years
Education: Bachelor Degree
Degree Field: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Security, Information Technology, Technical
A combination of training, certifications, and relevant work experience may be considered to meet the education requirement.
Applicant is subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for clearance level required for the job.
An Active DoD Secret clearance is required for this position.
Travel: CONUS & OCONUS 10%
Location: Stafford VA
Location: Northern VA / Stafford, VA. Upon supervisor approval, telecommuting is approved.
Job Description and Requirements:
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE
Risk Mitigation Consulting, Inc. is looking for a Cybersecurity Engineer to join our team! The Industrial Controls Systems (ICS) Cybersecurity Engineer will provide direct cybersecurity support for achieving Authority to Operate (ATOs) at military installations worldwide. This position requires experience working with information technology (IT) or operational technology (OT) systems through the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process. The ICS Cybersecurity Engineer will be responsible for working across USMC and DoD services and departments to successfully achieve and maintain ATOs. The ICS Cybersecurity Engineer must have knowledge in utilities computer/control systems (water, wastewater, and electrical power, natural gas, and transportation fuels, etc) such as found on military installations or medium-sized communities and have strong analytical skills.
- Work in a laboratory environment to obtain RMF Authorizations for IT and OT systems
- Coordinate with other DoD services and agencies to identify systems with existing authorizations and coordinate with appropriate organizations to obtain reciprocity
- Coordinate between the laboratory organization and vendors to deploy and configure systems within the lab environment
- Familiarize vendors with DoD Cybersecurity requirements and obtain product hardening guidance
- Deploy, configure, and harden IT and OT systems.
- Perform vulnerability assessments of complex systems and remediate vulnerabilities.
- Work with vendors to identify vulnerabilities with their systems and track mitigations and resolutions.
- Create, populate, and sustain authorization packages within MCCAST
- Travel to remote sites to provide cybersecurity expertise and RMF authorization support and guidance.
- Must have minimum of five (5) years of direct experience with the RMF process
- Experience and working knowledge of eMASS or MCCAST
- Strong knowledge of DoD cybersecurity organizational structures; ability to navigate A&A process and reciprocity process between USMC and other services
- Knowledge of lifecycle process for obtaining and maintaining RMF ATOs
- Experience using DoD cybersecurity tools to perform vulnerability assessments of complex IT systems and technologies
- Expertise in deploying systems and applications and hardening them in accordance with DoD cybersecurity guidance
- Firm understanding of DoD security requirements and experience designing secure systems and operating environments
- Knowledge of unique cybersecurity requirements and challenges for non-standard IT systems
- Experience identifying security gaps and developing actionable mitigations and recommendations to reduce risk
- Ability to work in a team environment and take initiative to help ensure team tasks are successfully completed within required timelines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English to convey technical and policy requirements and challenges to diverse audience (technical and non-technical)
- Possess strong problem-solving and time-management skills
- Desired experience with operational technology and control systems
DESIRED CERTIFICATION: CISSP, CISM, GICSP, or CAP
Compliance with a drug-free work environment, U. S. Citizen, possess valid State driver’s license.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
« Return to Job Listing