Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Analyst - OPNAV
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Experience: 2-4 years
Education: Bachelor Degree
Degree Field: Business, Operations, Political Science, Security, Technical
A combination of training, certifications, and relevant work experience may be considered to meet the education requirement.
Applicant is subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for clearance level required for the job.
An Active DoD Secret clearance is required for this position.
Travel: CONUS & OCONUS 25%
Candidate must possess a current passport with 8 months remaining until the expiration date.
Location: Arlington VA
This position is located in a government office space.
Job Description and Requirements:
Risk Mitigation Consulting, Inc. (RMC), a DoD mission assurance and risk mitigation Government contractor, is seeking a Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Analyst in Northern VA.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for the employee is paid in full by RMC and dependent health care is subsidized by RMC.
- This position participates in the Annual Bonus Program.
- Position requires the ability to travel approximately 25% of the time.
The Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Analyst is responsible for supporting the Department of the Navy (DON) CIP Program. The DON CIP Program plays an integral role in achieving mission assurance (MA) and complements other DON program efforts that also contribute to MA through risk management such as: Antiterrorism, Readiness, Cybersecurity, Continuity of Operations, Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and High-Yield Explosives protection, Emergency Management, Physical Security and Energy Security.
The CIP Analyst is responsible for supporting the Office of the Chief of Naval Operations (OPNAV) with onsite and offsite support and may travel within the U. S. and overseas as necessary. The CIP Analyst is responsible for facilitating CIP and MA project coordination across OPNAV and subordinate commands, while assisting military and Department of Defense (DoD) civilian leaders in planning, organizing and coordinating program requirements. The CIP Analyst will develop CIP and MA policy documents, reports, and briefings, as required. This position is a subject matter expert (SME) for CIP and MA topics and assists in developing and reviewing plans, program documents, and instructions to help ensure compliance with DoD policies and directives. Support may also consist of developing briefings, program documents, reports, and information papers on CIP and MA topics.
- Provide support and serve as an advisor to OPNAV N46 clients on CIP and MA matters
- Act as liaison between OPNAV N46, RMC MAA team personnel and all subordinate and supported commands for CIP and MA related issues
- Support the Navy critical asset identification process (CAIP) through coordinating with OPNAV N46 in developing the Navy response to the DoD CAIP process
- Support the development of the Navy CAIP list, including managing the collection of validated critical asset data from NAVEUR, NAVCENT, NAVIFOR, and COMPACFLT to provide a final Navy CAIP list to the Joint Staff
- Assist in managing the full life-cycle of the Navy CAIP process, including supporting Combatant Commands in decomposing assigned missions, identifying and nominating task critical assets (TCA), validating TCAs, and managing and tracking the final Navy TCA list
- Conduct final quality and content reviews of CNO MAA reports and corrective action plans (CAP) prior to delivery to OPNAV N46 clients
- Conduct research and support the review of Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) cases in close collaboration with OPNAV N45 counterparts
- Perform research into other foreign influence related matters as directed by OPNAV N45 and N46
- Work closely with OPNAV clients and CNIC AT to ensure full and timely completion of Corrective Action Plans (CAP) and Risk Remediation Packages (RRP) associated with MA assessment reports
- Support policy and procedure development through developing draft OPNAV instructions concerning MA and CIP
- Support coordination with the SMIG on prioritizing MILCON projects based on critical and high-risk findings associated with MAA reports
- Serve as SME contributing to development of OPNAV CIP and MA security, policy, and guidance
- Provide support, as necessary, to all phases of the Chief of Naval Operations Mission Assurance Assessment (CNO-MAA), including supporting mission analysis site visits, as needed
- Provide input, research, and support to the mission analysis phase of the MAA and assist with the development and review of mission chains
- Prepare graphic, oral and written reports, schedules, tracking tools, plans of action and milestones, briefs, spreadsheets, and products in support of the OPNAV N46 MA program
- Review and update critical asset data in the Strategic Mission Assurance Data System (SMADS) for validity and assist with the validation process
- Enter and maintain collected MAA data in the Navy Critical Asset Management System (NAVCAMS)
- A minimum of 3 years of MA/CIP related experience
- Superb oral and written communications skills
- Ability to act as a primary interface with senior OPNAV N46 clients
- Excellent ability to develop narrative and presentation products, including reports, schedules, tracking tools, plans of action and milestones, briefs, and spreadsheets
- Superb research and analytical skills
- Notable quality and editorial document review skills
- Ability to demonstrate significant attention to detail
- Excellent oral presentation and briefing skills
- Display significant flexibility in addressing multiple client requests simultaneously
Compliance with a drug-free work environment, U. S. Citizen, possess valid State driver’s license.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
« Return to Job Listing