Control System Specialist
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Experience: 10-15 years
Education: Bachelor Degree
Degree Field: Computer Science, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
A combination of training, certifications, and relevant work experience may be considered to meet the education requirement.
Applicant is subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for clearance level required for the job.
Travel: CONUS & OCONUS approximately 5%
Location: Northern VA
Work Location: This position is located in Northern VA and may require working at a specified government office one week per month on average. Upon supervisor approval, telecommuting is authorized for this position.
Job Description and Requirements:
- Provide advice and SME inputs to government client to provide guidance on topics pertaining to the securing, modernizing, and operation of Control Systems
- Attend meetings at the request of the project manager and government client
- Participate in Control System Working Group topics about the securing and utilization of Control System Tasks
- Develop professionally written products on Control System, and these will include:
- Program Strategies
- Concept of Operations
- Metrics and Reporting Documents
- Information and Decision Papers
- Attend regional meetings and keep the Control System operator community apprised of developments
- 10 years of direct experience with control systems
- Knowledge of relevant policies and security frameworks including NIST SPs 800-82 and DoDI 8510.01
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently on multiple deadlines with minimal direction
- At least one of two: Security + or relevant bachelor’s degree (engineering, cybersecurity, computer science, etc.)
- Experience with the USMC
- Experience with the Department of the Navy and Department of Defense
- Ability to convey information to support data-driven decision making
- GICSP or CISSP
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for the employee is paid in full by RMC, and dependent health care is subsidized by RMC.
- This position participates in the Annual Bonus Program.
Compliance with a drug-free work environment, U. S. Citizen, possess valid State driver’s license.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
« Return to Job Listing