Capture/Business Development Manager
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Experience: 2-4 years
Education: Bachelor Degree
Degree Field: Business, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Technical
Applicant is subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for clearance level required for the job.
Travel: CONUS 20%
Location: Northern VA
Job Description and Requirements:
Risk Mitigation Consulting, Inc. (RMC), a DoD mission assurance and risk mitigation Government contractor, is seeking a Capture/Business Development (BD) Manager in the Northern VA area.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for the employee is paid in full by RMC and dependent health care is subsidized by RMC.
- This position participates in the Annual Bonus Program
The Capture/BD Manager is responsible for identifying, developing, and winning new business in the DoD, Federal, and commercial markets. The Capture/BD Manager manages the contract capture process from pre-RFP strategy development through award and launch. This position works closely with Proposals, Contracts, Project Controls, and company leadership. The successful Capture Manager is able to influence, motivate and drive results. This is a remote position that demands high self-motivation and the ability to communicate effectively in a virtual environment. Travel to client and partner locations, as needed.
- Identify and qualify opportunities, and prepare the pursuit pipeline
- Conduct market analysis and develop strategic plans for teaming, solution development (technical, management, and cost), proposal staffing/development, etc.
- Prepare and lead Gate and Milestone Reviews, as well as other reviews as required
- Execute capture plans, coordinate teaming, and transition from capture to proposal phase
- Assist in proposal win-theme development and guiding proposal results
- Coach proposal authors with structured feedback to drive improvements
- Monitor capture progress and lead Business Development meetings
- Lead the development of customer profiles, including customer needs, issues, and biases, etc.
- Develop and maintain strong industry relations with large and small businesses and organizations
- Develop an annual BD budget and work with the proposal coordinator to develop the B&P budget
- Manage the BD budget and monitor actuals against the plan
- Develop marketing materials, including coordinating with technical and editing teams
- 2-4 years of DoD/federal contract capture experience
- Experience in identifying and qualifying opportunities, preparing gap analysis, and pursuits planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with customers, partners, coworkers, management, and executives
- Demonstrated record of success in strategic business opportunity analysis
- Exceptional strategic thinking ability
- Strong, proven organizational and team leadership skills; ability to plan, coordinate, and prioritize tasks and manage schedules to meet deadlines
- Highly proactive and flexible worker with ability to support multiple projects, and delegate responsibility
- Ability to work independently while establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Exceptional ability to work using remote team coordination and tools
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed to meetings and client sites
- Able to obtain and retain a DoD SECRET level security clearance; Clearance can be obtained after hire.
- DoD network contacts
- Experience working with GovWin opportunity sourcing and tracking
- Business Development training (e.g., Shipley)
- Prior military experience
- Prior experience as DoD KO/CO
Compliance with a drug-free work environment, U. S. Citizen, possess valid State driver’s license.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
« Return to Job Listing