Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Experience: 2-4 years
Education: Bachelor Degree
Degree Field: Computer Science, Information Security, Information Technology, Quality Assurance
A combination of training, certifications, and relevant work experience may be considered to meet the education requirement.
Applicant is subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for clearance level required for the job.
An Active DoD Secret clearance is required for this position.
Travel: CONUS 5%
Location: Albany GA
Job Description and Requirements:
This position is located in a government office space at MCLB, Albany, GA.
The software developer shall create operating systems, applications, and other types of computer software and modify/maintain the existing software. Support is provided by designing, documenting, producing, and maintaining computer programs and the systems required to operate them. The software developer will interact with the client, end-users, and any other stakeholder to understand project requirements, accept feedback, and provide technical solutions or improvements to their job operations. The software developer should be familiar with industrial controls or facility-related control software such as Wonderware Intouch, Niagara N4, or AMI metering systems.
- Confirm project requirements with stakeholders
- Define and document the goals of the project, quality standards, and test cases
- Determine computer software or hardware needed to complete the project, and make recommendations for new/software and hardware requirements
- Build and maintain project documentation by arranging project requirements in logical flow charts and diagrams
- Develop software and confirm operations by running tests to ensure the product meets project requirements
- Train users, create and maintain references and operating instructions, and provide support for resolving issues
- Implement change management process and maintain records of program development and revisions
- Interview or survey workers, observe job performance, or perform the job in order to determine what information is processed and how it is processed
- Read manuals, periodicals, and technical reports to learn how to develop programs that meet staff and user requirements
- Provide information to program analyst to prepare cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation
- Manage SQL server user rights and accessibility to ensure data integrity and confidentiality
- Provide utility-reports from industrial control systems as requested from customers
- Perform periodic analysis of Advanced Metering Infrastructure system for functionality
- Other duties as instructed by site supervisor
Desired Certification: Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance (Applicant is subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for clearance level required for the job.)
- Superb oral and written communications skills
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Ability to demonstrate significant attention to detail
- Display flexibility in addressing multiple client requests simultaneously
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for the employee is paid in full by RMC, and dependent health care is subsidized by RMC.
- This position participates in the Annual Bonus Program.
Compliance with a drug-free work environment, U. S. Citizen, possess valid State driver’s license.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
« Return to Job Listing