Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Experience: 5-7 years
Education: Bachelor Degree
Degree Field: Political Science, Security Studies, Technical
A combination of training, certifications, and relevant work experience may be considered to meet the education requirement.
Applicant is subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for clearance level required for the job.
An Active DoD Secret clearance is required for this position.
Travel: CONUS & OCONUS 5%
Candidate must possess a current passport with 8 months remaining until the expiration date.
Location: Northern VA
Requires 50% presence at government site and 50% telework, could require periodic travel to support client projects.
Job Description and Requirements:
Risk Mitigation Consulting, Inc. (RMC), a DoD mission assurance and risk mitigation Government contractor, is seeking a Technical Writer in Northern Virginia.
The Technical Writer position is ideally suited for a highly motivated professional who is a courteous, flexible, proactive, organized, and energetic self-starter. The Technical Writer must be skilled at interacting with a variety of people, including high-level government officials and technical experts. Job candidates must also have strong writing, editing, and copy editing skills; be able to effectively communicate, collaborate, and solve problems within a team; thrive in a fast-paced environment; and excel in the high-level multitasking challenges associated with supporting a military headquarters.
In addition to displaying the skills above, candidates may be asked to complete a brief writing assessment during the interview process.
- Support military customers in the coordination, preparation, and development of written reports, briefs, and products that span a wide variety of technical and protection-related topics
- Support RMC’s Business and Proposal team in the creation, development, and submission of proposal bids, corporate policies and procedures, and other documentation
- Write, review, edit, proofread, fact-check, and format written and graphical content
- Apply appropriate government, military, and company writing style guidance to all products
- Attend conferences, working groups, meetings, and on-site assessments as needed
- Develop, maintain, and communicate company writing style and formatting guidance
- Support and develop ongoing training programs on topics including grammar, content, product development, information security, and software tools
- Supervise the Technical Writer team, ensuring that all team members adhere to company policies and consistently perform to the standards in their job descriptions
- Participate in employee performance reviews, training, coaching, and corrective action as needed
- Approve time sheets, travel expenses, paid time off requests, and training requests
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Superb grasp of the English language
- 5+ years of professional experience as a technical writer
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, political science, security studies, or a related field
- Proven ability to research, analyze, write, and edit content about complex issues in a clear, concise, and well-organized manner
- Highly proactive and flexible attitude, with the ability to identify and propose solutions to address emerging requirements
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks, manage time, and coordinate team resources to meet multiple project deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership, project management, and collaborative skills
- Fluency in all Microsoft Office products, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience or familiarity with military organizations, clients, and protocols is desirable
- Experience or familiarity with SharePoint 2010 or later is desirable
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for the employee is paid in full by RMC and dependent health care is subsidized by RMC.
- This position participates in the Annual Bonus Program.
Compliance with a drug-free work environment, U. S. Citizen, possess valid State driver’s license.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
« Return to Job Listing